Ben Nevis 2012
- Low stock - 10 items left
- Inventory on the way
- Free Delivery on orders over £100
- Free whisky sample with every order
58.2% ABV. / 700ml
Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Cask No. 1936
A. D. Rattray Cask Collection.
- Distilled at Ben Nevis
- 10 Years Old
- Cask Type: Bourbon Hogshead for 7 years / Cask Islay Sherry Edition Barrique for over 3 years
- Cask No: 1936
- Date Distilled: 07.12.2012
- Date Bottled: 19.06.2023
- Number of Bottles: 198
- Cask strength: 58.2%
- Un-chill filtered
- Natural colour
Sister cask #1939 was a single maturation (unfinished) bourbon hogshead, celebrating a throwback to an older style of whisky. Such a robust distillate is more than capable of retaining its traditional character against this complex backdrop of bourbon, sherry and peat from over 3 years finishing in an ex-Islay Oloroso sherry barrique.
Tasting Notes - Dried fruit and sweet/nut.
Colour: White peach.
Nose: Pumpernickel toast, salted peanut and dried fig.
Palate: Roast pecan, sesame oil and char siu.
Finish: Mouth-coating oiliness carries trail mix and lingering cool ash.
- Images are for illustration only and do not always accurately reflect the colour of the product.